So this thread is complaining once again, instead of doing or
suggesting anything concrete?

At the end it boils down to single persons standing up for it. Like
Mike Pall doing LuaJIT; also without any "blessing", so can we just
ban that word for god? I'll bless you all!

stdlib and penlight are laudable efforts, they just don't yet cut it.
Nor have the focus to be a proper overall meta-system.

My personal best candidate for a new umbrella is Luvit. Like node.js
turned out to be the common platform for tons of javascript stuff. It
just misses documentation :-) As far I can say Tim started with
offering a good module system, similar to CommonJS.

- Axel