On 11/02/2012 19.45, Patrick Rapin wrote:
I hoped that the 5.2 -E interpreter option would be backported to 5.1.5. Any
chance of getting that?

Most certainly none.
Lua releases (with only the third number incremented) are strictly
only bug fixes, there are never new features.
If you want -E on 5.1, you can backport it yourself for your usage.
But asking for this official change is utopia...

I thought that minimal additions were allowed if they didn't impact ABI compatibility.

Thanks you very much for the clarification.

Cheers!
-- Lorenzo