On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Sam Roberts <vieuxtech@gmail.com> wrote:

> contributed things there was a new API added to access the current TCP
> windows size..is there something like that?

No.

There is no standard way to get such information. To my knowledge,
there isn't even a linux-specific/non-standard socket option.

How would you propose getting such information?

I used to retrieve that info by inspecting wireshark/tcpdump logs, where the size of the current TCP window size is annotated  in the outgoing packets.

And if you had it, what would you do with it?

It is a useful information. I could use it to see the evolution of the window during a long-lived file-transfer for instance.

best,
Valerio