Here's a Git repo for a forked version of LPeg supporting yielding:

http://25thandClement.com/~william/projects/lpegk.git

Stuff like discarding subject prefixes and progressive capture
internalization will just have to wait. I'd rather use it for my immediate
intentions--online sockets parsing--so I can get a feel for real-world
needs.

I definitely would like to supporting a sliding window input model, because
then users could do buffering in pure Lua using an array of strings. I hate
having to pass around memory addresses. (In my work branch I'll probably
require a fifo object, rather than bare addresses.) But such support would
be considerably more intrusive than the existing patch.

In the meantime I'll continue to shore up the existing model.