On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Michael Richter <ttmrichter@gmail.com> wrote:
>  There's an art to knowing when OOP is good and when it isn't, and it's an
> art form most of the industry hasn't bothered to learn.

Yes, Lua encourages a person to think about that decision, and can
help (willing) persons to re-educate themselves. So often a cleaner
solution involves a closure, for instance.

However, it seems that many are completely lost without their familiar
class construct - we see the same with JavaScript and the attempts to
provide this 'missing' feature (Dart, CoffeeScript).

steve d.