> OK.  Cool.  This is a showstopper for the company I am working with for
> rolling out embedded Lua with nginx.  Is there anything I can do to help?

what it is still missing now is how to create the initial per-state
random seed. Suggestions included some address and arc4random. I am
afraid that, for the backup ANSI implementation, we cannot do much
better than something like this:

  seed = (unsigned int)time() + (unsigned int)L;

We can have better implementations for particular system. For instance,
we can use arc4random if present, but how to detect it? Are there any
other suggestions?

-- Roberto