On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:29:47 +0200
steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lake is a different animal which executes build rules and handles
> dependencies directly, instead of creating makefiles.

Yeah, now I'm smarter after reading more about it. :-)

At first I thought it's inthe same league as premake/Cmake.

> It is also
> still young and untested on big projects, so I would recommend staying
> with premake if it does the job.

Well, our project is in the designing phase, so it could serve as
testing bed as well.

Otoh, we'd like to have good multi-platform support.

> The main thing is that you are now using Lua ;)

Well, I'm very close to. ;)

> That being said, it would be straightforward to teach Lake about D,
> although I'd prefer to make it extensible enough that people could
> download a D language plugin for it.

OK. Good strategy...We'll monitor what's going on with Lake,
although I must admit that declarative style of premake is looking good
for our eyes.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The senses, the mind and the intelligence are the sitting places
of this lust. Through them lust covers the real knowledge of the