On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 11:24:08 +0200
steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's mostly convergent evolution, but Lake had the explicit goal of
> being cross-platform and compiler-agnostic, which in practice means
> 'understands gcc-style and msvc-style compilers and their quirks'.
> That practical need also shaped a higher-level approach to doing
> common things, although it's always possible to work explicitly with
> compile and link flags.

Excuse me for asking...this is the first time I've heard about Lake and
I'm very new to Lua to which I was brought via premake, so wonder how
does it Lake compare with it?

Let me say, that in the past I liked Haskell's cabal (when fiddling with
Haskell), played a bit with waf when considering to use Python for our
projects and thought to use Cmake, but decided to learning some Lua and
having more human-friendly build system is better option...so, really
curious of Lake or another-lua-based build system. ;)

D is the language we are targetting know, and premake has support for
it, and we plan to develop on Linux, but have multi-platform (Mac OS &
Windows) support, along with the possibility to create binaries for
those non-Linux platforms (ala Cpack).

Sincerely,
Gour

--
But for one who takes pleasure in the self, whose human life
is one of self-realization, and who is satisfied in the self only,