On Jan 5, 2012, at 5:42 PM, Ashwin Hirschi wrote:

> So, Petite Abeille, as you challenged people to throw stuff at Nanoki earlier, I'd be very interested to hear what you've put into it to protect against this type of attack?

Nothing at all. It will timeout after one minute anyway. Nothing to loose sleep over :)

In other words, I don't think it's worthwhile bothering with obtuse changes at the application level. Instead it might be more cost effective and thorough the run such application in supervised mode (i.e. timelimit, ulimit, etc).

After all, hash collision is but one of many know and unknown problem that could afflict an application. No point handling them piecemeal.