On 11-12-26 09:10 PM, hollyrosella@hushmail.com wrote:

Yes, he is quite impressive.  I haven't watched the q&a, yet, so I haven't seen how he dealt with the audience.  And yes, there are always tradeoffs.  In my case, security probably trumps speed, so lua is still attractive.

Holly

Hi Holly

BTW, I think when Roberto was saying Lua is not good for numeric computations he probably meant in comparison to C and Fortran in the context of super-computing. To my knowledge  Lua does not have a quality issue in terms of math but being dynamically typed it will have a quantity penalty, compared to statically typed languages.

-Patrick