On Wed Dec 21 2011 @  5:16, Sean Bolton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Since Mike Pall is busy doing other awesome things, he has
> allowed me to take over maintenance of his "advanced readline
> patch".
>
> I have created a version of the patch for Lua 5.2.0.  I've
> also updated both the 5.2.0 and 5.1.4 patches for compati-
> bility with GNU readline version 6 and Mac OS X libedit.

Thanks to you and Mike for your work on this. To make life easier for me
(and hopefully other OSX users), I've submitted a pull request to
Homebrew[1] to automate installing Lua with this patch. Whether or not that
pull request gets accepted, anyone using Homebrew on OSX can get the
relevant change on my fork.[2]

Thanks, Peter

[1] https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/pull/9228
[2] https://github.com/telemachus/homebrew/tree/lua_completion_patch