> Hah, kids of today!
>
> Learning C well hardens the spirit and teaches you to pick up your own
> underpants. Everything after that is entertainingly easy ;)
>
> steve d.

Javascript error messages from V8 and Spidermonkey are sometimes so
obscure and unrelated to where the error really happened, its almost
like C :-) Thats why I think it depends on the syllabus. I understand
when its an informatics school and one argues, "I want to teach them
how *!#$§ it is to code on C level" (which for quite some use cases
you must.)