On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> Historically, this generator was not very good, but in recent C libraries,
> e.g. the GNU C library, this generator is much better. If you need to
> make sure you're using a better random number generator, try my lrandom
> at http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#lrandom which uses the
> Mersenne Twister.

@Luiz, could you please provide some link to available software that
*evaluates* the randomness of some data? (possibly something in Lua)
That would be very useful in checking the reliability of the various
libraries that we come across. There was a DIEHARD library for this,
but that was quite a few years ago. There must be something more
recent out there, I assume, but I am not sure. Do you know of any?
Thanks