> Can you give me a hint, how to quickly narrow down the specific
> location where the
> respective problem arises in the test file and how to extract a
> small test case.

To find the place, I usually do a binary search with print statements.
Add a print in the middle of the test file, etc. Optimization: add
several prints (print(1), print(2), etc.) at once :)

To extract a small test case I usually do a binary search too: Cut out
the other half of the file and check whether the bug continues. (Of
course, this part is less "automatic" then the first one.)

-- Roberto