On 25.11.2011 19:47, Mike Pall wrote:

I've just pushed some changes to git HEAD. C functions with bool
return values are compiled now.

Great. I will probably rollback my last commit then.

ffi.errno() is not compiled, because it's supposed to be called
only in the (uncommon) error path. You need to check the return
value of most standard C functions before you can assume a valid
errno value

Here the problem was not errno(), it was pairs() and I have read
earlier that it would be impossible to speed that one up.

However I like Alexander's suggestion to add a function to tell
whether a table is a List.