[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] luajit-msgpack - with questions to Mike
- From: Alexander Nasonov <alnsn@...>
- Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:33:53 +0000
Pierre Chapuis wrote:
> I have written a LuaJIT FFI binding for MessagePack . It
> requires a small additional C library because of the way
> MessagePack is written.
First of all, thanks for the library.
I have a couple of comments about JITing. Basically, two things turn off
- msgpack_unpack_next C function because LuaJIT doesn't support
bool/_Bool in return type. If I change it to int (and "not ok"
to "ok == 0"), v.lua from LuaJIT stops complaining about
unsupported function. To do it properly you need to wrap
msgpack_unpack_next but it'd be nice to hear from Mike about
supporting bool in LuaJIT.
- packers.table funtion uses pairs which generates a warning:
NIY: FastFunc pairs in luajit-msgpack.lua:216
I came accross this before with ffi.errno() function. It would be
nice to have support for these functions but I presume it's not a
trivial thing. Even for Mike ;-)
Actually, you run a loop only to check whether a table has a
non-array part and how many keys it has in total. Is it feasible to
implement this functionality in LuaJIT and make it JITable?