On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, list!
>
> I've just found the hard way that socket.http ignores whatever URI
> scheme in the URL. Is this intentional? Can it be made to fail if the
> scheme is not http?

Hi,

What about https and other weird scheme names using http.
I think http is considered a protocol, not a scheme.
You should probably check the scheme of your uri in your code first.
I have just made public an URL parser/builder/Normalizer for Lua :
https://github.com/golgote/neturl/blob/master/neturl.lua

(Warning, I still have some improvements to do on it...)

--
Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam