On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:19 PM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I also have a vauge memory about a similar discussion and also could
>> not find the reference.
>
> "Lua as replacement for Bash scripting"

Yeah there it is. Much of the thread is about doing pipes etc. but as
I said, part of the goal is to reduce number of forks.

> Most of those little Unix utils you mention would be great fun to
> write (Tom's Root disk is an absurdly small Linux distro which
> replaced many utilities with Lua scripts, so that's a potential
> source)   The hardest part would be the test suite ;)

I'll note that down and try to have a look at it at some time. someone
also mentioned puppy linux.

> steve d.

It also looks like penlight already have lots of the needed stuff
movefile, copyfile etc.

--
Natanael Copa