On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since this means we will replace lots of shell scripts with lua, are
> there any lua modules for typical shell things? like mv, cp, ps, kill
> etc.

Sounds like a fantastic idea and well-worth supporting!

It's possible to get more natural notation with shell commands:

I _distinctly_ remember that Hisham and a few others were getting
excited about a 'lua shell' library which would support pipelines and
the like, but I can't find the reference.

Otherwise, I imagine that luaposix will get you most of the way.

steve d.