I fully disagree. Lua is a cleaner language than the many others,
because it -did- break several times to improve itself. And the
transistion from 5.1 to 5.2 is just a small one compared to the past
evolutionary jumps it did. You are just recently aboard in a 18 year
old language that did quite well so far. Might take more a humble
approach until we know everything better? :-)