On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 18:31, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> Trying to port it to using the bit library is very error-prone
>
> Perhaps there is a niche for a tool that converts infix bitwise
> expressions in whatever syntax you prefer to Lua code using the bit
> library. It's probably quite easy to write this tool with LPEG.

I've thought about doing similar: a function that just parses a string
like "x << (y | z)" and interprets it at runtime. Your idea though has
the advantage that you don't have to do any variable interpolation and
the parsing only needs to be done once.

--
Sent from my toaster.