On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:36, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> I may be wrong, but I got a clear impression that he used "pure Lua" to
> meant "Lua without external libraries". (Otherwise an implementation of
> the quadrature routine in a C library exported to Lua would be "pure
> Lua" too.)
>
> -- Roberto

Actually, according to
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gsl-shell.git/tree/templates/qag.lua.in?h=gsl-shell-2
Francesco reimplemented quadrature in pure Lua (GSL's C version is
used as a guideline). FFI is used to pass an integrand function
implemented in C to the quadrature routine implemented in pure Lua.
Sort of of the exact opposite to traditional use of scripting
languages.

--Leo--