	Hi Mike

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011, Mike Pall wrote:
Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
Well, what I've done is to reimplement the quadrature routine in pure
Lua using the FFI interface.

Small correction: if you use the FFI interface, clearly it is not "pure
Lua".

Of course it's pure Lua -- the FFI interface is a library. Would
you say that the use of LuaSocket or LPEG libraries makes an
application no longer a pure Lua application? Even if the author
only wrote Lua code himself and is just distributing a bundle of
Lua files?
	I think yes.  Usually we apply the term "pure Lua" to applications
that do not require external C libraries.  Or am I wrong?

	Regards,
		Tomás