On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 1:28 AM, HyperHacker <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I've seen a number of programs that have an option like "-v
> verbose (repeat for more verbosity), but they usually write that as
> -vv rather than -v -v...

Same here.  Unfortunately, the option parsing for luac is extremely
simple, and cannot handle multiple-character options.  Moving to
something like getopt(3) would potentially limit portability, and
probably bloat the resulting program as well.  It's a tradeoff.

In any case, documentation of -l -l would be enough to make me happy.
(If the double letter thing bothers too many people, maybe consider
adding -L, with the same meaning as -l -l.)