On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 11:46 PM, Jimmie Houchin <jlhouchin@gmail.com> wrote:
> And I don't believe that SciTE is necessarily going to be the ultimate user
> experience for Lua. I don't know that we know what that is yet.

As an alternative to SciTE, have a look at Textadept:

http://code.google.com/p/textadept/

What's very cool about this is that it has a small C code (about
2Kloc) and the rest is just plain Lua. And michell believes in good
documentation, which is a rare pleasure.

It's still immature compared to SciTE in many ways, but it's fun to
hack and does the split view thing nicely.

However, I cannot forget my responsibilities ;)  I do the debugger
extension for SciTE and it needs a review.

steve d.