Except for the dynamic loading of C libraries, Lua is OS agnostic.

> Which are the most Lua-friendly operating systems?
> Which OSes let Lua access their APIs, and to  what extent?

The answer to both questions is: Those that are friendly to C. But that
does not mean there is a library to access OS specific APIs from Lua.

Perhaps I'm missing something about your question. Could you please
give a concrete example of the kind of answer you'd like to see?