Can you provide a full but minimal working example? I would bet that
in creating one you will find the root cause of your problem, but even
if you don't we will for sure.

I think you were right.

In my program the returned values are evaluated in a logical statement.
When calling all the functions first I couldn't take advantage of the short evaluation of the logical statement and thus allways evaluated all the c functions.
When called inside the logical statement however, not all functions had to be called every time which saves time.

This would, I thinik,  likely be the reason for the nonexisting time difference