On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Patrick Mc(avery
<patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
> I'm apologizing in advance for the first negative toned email I have sent to
> this list.
>
> I really respect Luiz and Roberto and there have been a lot of helpful
> people on this list but Lua's glow is dimming for me. It's tiresome watching
> this endless battle between Lua titans over module while lua-peasants like
> me seem to be without basic tools.

I feel the same kind head-shaking emotion skimming through all this
bickering of doing something well as simple as modules. And yes the
globals issue with old modules is bad. A simple-stupid include is also
not good. I dunno, why can node.js do  it right on modules so simply,
albeit in general Lua would be a much saner language than javascript.
I'm happy that in my Lua project I just don't use any modules or
support them.