Step by step, let me describe what I could understand.

1.The configuration
I use Ubuntu 10.10 and I have installed lua5.1, luarocks and apache.
The CGILUa  documentation is appropriate to beginers, so I started to it.
The first step is to install cgilua, so:
luarocks install cgilua
Now, it's time to move cgilua from /home/luciano/.luarocks.. to a path accessible from Lua interpreter. /usr/lib/lua/5.1 is a very good option, since luasql and other Lua libraries are already there. I don't understand if cgilua can be used with Apache, but I know other implementations under the Keppler Project can't. If Apache is supported, now I need to create an example and, considering it is a cgi application, to move it to /usr/lib/cgi-bin.
For each file, I should give permissions with: "sudo chmod +X".
In thesis, I would be ready to run my first example.
http://localhost/cgi-bin/test.lua
or
http://localhost/cgi-bin/test.lp
Is this the procedure?

2. The usage
A PHP like style is a pleasant way to code. So I wanted Lua pages. If I understand, I can imagine two files:
test.lp - with the template
functions.lua - with a brand new  bilion of Lua functions created by me.
In test.lp, I will have something like this:

<?lua loadfile('functions.lua') ?>
<head>
<title> <%=title %> </title>
</head>
<% for row in pairs(query) do %>
<% end %>

This could be a query from a database or simple an iteration of a Lua table.

If I am able to show something and process some user input, well, I have enough to play a little bit. If I was correctly described the process above, I have any idea how to show something. But how to process inputs?

<input type = "text" name = "name">

In the HTML code, I have created an input box identified with the variable "name".

In Lua code, I will have something like:

contact:add(name, phone, address)

But how to connect "name", the Lua variable and "name", the HTML variable?

Am I in the correct way?