On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 02:46:13 +0200, Petite Abeille wrote:

At this conjuncture, The Kepler project might be your best bet:

http://www.keplerproject.org/

tl;dr: I'd +1 that.

I use different tools depending on what I want to do.

If I want to build a simple webpage using a scripting language
embedded in HTML (like you could do with PHP) I use Lua Pages
from the Kepler project [1]. This is probably your best bet.

If I want something slightly more powerful where I generate the
markup from the application, I use the Mercury micro-framework [2].
It is inspired by Sinatra (a Ruby project).

I have also tried Tir by Zed Shaw [3]. It is a very interesting way
to build Web applications but afaik. it will not work with Apache,
you will need to run Mongrel2 to use it.

[1] http://keplerproject.github.com/cgilua/manual.html#templates
[2] https://github.com/nrk/mercury
[3] http://tir.mongrel2.org/

--