From: Patrick Rapin <toupie300@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2011 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: [proposal] Libary changes

> >         #include "perl_extension.h"
> > would trigger for C++ to become perl.
>
> Whow, that would be cool ! And of course we also want to write in C++
>   #include "lua_extension.h"
> to import closures, coroutines, metatables, and dynamic variables into
> that already powerful language...
No need to be sarcastic. I've just fetched an idea - does not mean that I believe in C++...
My target is joint forces of natural and programming languages combined into one language.

> So there is a global trend toward removing global variables. There is
> a trade-of to be done between modularity and ease of use.

I have studied quite a lot of different kind of open source projects,
and all of them has their own test suites - which somehow tells me that
language should be specific to problem which is tried to solve.

In natural language we have physics, math, etc etc.. vocabularies - why we
cannot have Lua-perl dialect or Lua-Python dialect. And even more -
application specific dialects of language.

> We could for example move functions next, pairs, ipairs, rawget and
> rawset into table.
> That would make sense, but grow the average Lua code size because they
> are frequently used (well, really?)

What kind of mechanisms for code generation / re-generation Lua has ?
I've seen already something like this:
But it's still bit difficult to use from my perspective.

Code is currently accomodated with english comments - if it would be possible
I would like to join them under the same umbrella. (Code is a comment) :-)

And preservation of code would mean generating files, not only run-time buffers.