As others said, lua is just a language.

Apache Portable Runtime might have what you need and Peter Odding has written lua bindings for it:

http://peterodding.com/code/lua/apr/docs/

On 10/1/2011 3:12 PM, Pascal Du maurrier wrote:
Hi everyone,

As I am currently planning the development of a project that requires the use of extended attributes (i.e. non-standard, user-defined filesystem attributes), I would like to know if there is Lua support for extended attributes. If so, which module should I use?

I am new to Lua, and I know that it is a quite easy language. But this matter of extended attributes, which is vital to my project, is a major stumbling block for a newbie like me. I am confident that, if I solve this problem, the rest of my project will be easy to carry out. Please help me.

By the way, I am planning to use the BFS filesystem (used by the Haiku OS and by old BeOS), because its support of extended attributes is absolutely the best among all the filesystems. Do you think that using this filesystem would make the things too complicated for the Lua developer? I mean, as compared to manipulating extended attributes on the common Linux filesystems.
(However, if I find out that there is no way Lua supports extended attribtes on BFS, I will settle for a standard Linux filesystem)

I would be really grateful to anyone who can give me some suggestions.

I thank you all in advance.

All the best,

Pascal