this is great!

I play a game called Garry's Mod which inspired me to learn Lua and get into programming. And here I am, now using C++ and Lua. There's something about this sandbox thing I love so much. Creating and sharing on the fly with other people. In Garry's Mod we have made an in game lua editor, which lets you run code on client and server state. The script you're writing is also visible above the players head, and you have some variable which are used for the player entity running the script or where the player is aiming at. ( this:remove() )

Originally Garry's mod is more code and restart oriented (unintentionally I guess), but you can make tools that will let you script in game and update code on the fly. Coding like this sparks a lot of ideas and it's overall fun and easier to debug and manage.