Thx! For the quick responses, but I'm really a c noob, wouldn't even known
how to get it compiled (and as I'm in for lua-only platform independence I'm
even making an effort to stay away from it). If there is no alternative then
I suppose I have to, but isn't there a lua-only way of doing this?

I've done a lot of Girder stuff (which uses lua), it has a simple flag
'girder.isexiting' to check whether we're on the way out.

Feels like a question of asking but already knowing... and still hoping,
anyone gonna make my day?