On 9/22/2011 4:14 AM, Lorenzo Donati wrote:
Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the prompt one!

On 21/09/2011 10.38, KHMan wrote:
[...]

Why don't you take it up? It seems to be a popular doc. I'll
help out
and you put your name first. :-) :-)

Alas, although it's a tempting offer :-) I must decline. (Very
kind of you, anyway!) [snip]

No problem, we are all trying to manage our time sinks too. I limit myself to one MMPORG only -- FLOSS development. :-)

If someone on the list wants to take this up, please ping me off-list. Basically, you study the sources, test some samples, then write something up, with a version 5.1 doc to pave the way. Only benefit: your name on the doc. It's true there is nothing stopping anyone from writing something similar right now -- the main barrier is the time and effort needed to complete the work.

It's a small corner in the Lua ecosystem, but I'm sure there will be lots of people who'd want to read a primer on the Lua 5.2 VM in the next few years... and... [marketing talk ensues] folks on the list will be pointing to a document with _your_name_ on it. :-)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)