On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 09:05:44PM +0200, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

> The best and simplest way to steer a thread away from its nasty vibe
> is to finish it. Let us try?

I love mutt.  It shows me the names of posters and the subject without
downloading the messages from the server.  When I see certain names
or subjects, I just go d,d,d,d,d,… and it's killed on the server.

If all nice, intelligent people simply stop responding, then by
definition the only remaining posts in that thread will be by louts
and idiots — and who wants to read that?

Dirk