Hello dear subscribers of the Lua mailinglist,

I'd like to introduce you to 'oop.lua', a module that strives to make
object oriented programming easier on Lua.
It's started as an attempt to compile all those hundreds of
OOP-related snippets scattered all around the internet into a single
Module, enabling similar programming styles as in popular functional
languages such as Haskell or OCaml.

It currently contains a few functions from the lua-users wiki, and a
few written by me (oop.map and oop.object are written by me).

The module isn't perfect nor nearly complete -- but it's a start, no? :-)

The github repository as follows:

https://github.com/beelzebub/oop.lua

Please share your criticism, wishes, and other chitchat, so that
oop.lua shall become better over time.