On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@gmx.net> wrote:
> Perhaps you should put a link to the Atom feed in the side bar, I found
> unintuitive to go up to the home to find it...

Thanks, I'll customize the page layout a bit.

> Why unconscious? Language designers don't hesitate to steal good ideas from
> other languages. Fortunately, as searching absolutely originality can lead
> to unusable, unlearnable & unreadable, academic languages... :-)

Yeah, maybe 'unacknowledged' is a better word, not that I think that's
a bad thing - this is not academia. And it is vitally important to
steal ideas.  I was always puzzled by the Picasso quote "Good artists
copy, great artists steal" -  He's being provocative of course, but I
think what he means is that it's easy enough to copy something without
fully understanding why; but to understand and use the original
insight, that's creative.

And indeed - academic languages are not that useful, but they can
provoke the mind into thinking of new idioms

steve d.