On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 15:39:18 +0200
Martijn Hoekstra <martijnhoekstra@gmail.com> wrote:

> When you say hello world would never hold as copyrighted anywhere, you
> are absolutely right. The code contained on Lua-users.org can be more
> elaborate than that though. I think some of the snippets on for
> example http://lua-users.org/wiki/FunctionalTuples certainly are
> eligible as copyrightable material.

at least in the UK the term "Implied license" is quite common, and i
would definitely claim that the fact that somebody publishes a bit of
code on a wiki which is obviously set up with the intention to help
people to find solutions for coding problems  _implies_ that
readers can re-use the code.

startx