Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

I am going to discuss a little about 0-based x 1-based in my talk at the
Lua workshop, and my slides have exactly these arguments!!

I have written my view about that here: http://1based.pen.io/
It was originally meant as a response to
http://masanjin.net/blog/why-indexing-should-start-at-0

I have started to learn how to program at a very young age,
and I have seen lots of concepts (functions, matrices,
sets, sequences, series, dimensionality...) in computer code
before math classes. Still, I find counting from one more
natural. I wonder how many security issues in C code are
caused by buffer overflows due to the fact that 0-based
indexing is not natural.

--
Pierre 'catwell' Chapuis