Hi,

What are you getting from cygwin that you're not getting in linux?

you should be able to develop for android on linux. the android sdk and ndk are available for linux.

the moai android packager only needs zip in the path. it stuff the lua and resources into an archive which go with the apk.

i do not believe the android emulator supports opengl es 2.0 anyway, so you're going to have to run the app on the device.

if you are talking about running "moai.exe"  - that's for windows apps, not android.

Have a great day.

Waitman