Dude - whatEVER. I love Java and I love Lua and each for its own
greatness. They are so different, but each is good at things.

I tried the other Lua GUIs, they SUCK. Hard to learn, buggy, ugly, incomplete.

Swing is nice. It's a little bulky and verbose... but we know how to
use it. And large GUIs have been written in it. Take the IDEA IDE. A
very fine piece of software and it uses Swing.

"This is a Lua mailing list"?? That's your reason for bashing Java?
Sorry, but are you insane or something?

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:07 AM, troy wreford <troywreford@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the dislike for Java here is that it is quite opposite to what Lua
> is. It's large, complex, compiled, and inflexible compared to Lua. Java has
> many benefits over Lua but this is a Lua mailing list.
>
> Continue creating great things, but please don't throw a fit when people
> give you feedback.

I throw a fit when I throw a fit because I throw a fit and then I
throw a fit. And then everything is good.

Cheers,
le Stefan