On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Gopalakrishnan Subramani
<gopalakrishnan.subramani@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to learn the Language parsing in Lua. The idea is to parse a language
> called DDL (Device Description Language) and generate the Lua code out of
> it.

Why not use Lua for your DDL?  Lua is very flexible as a data
description language, which is where it started life. Very large
datasets can be read in quickly in Lua format, and you have the
advantage of all the built-in error checking.

So show us what you want your DDL to look like, and we can give
suggestions on how to make it Lua-friendly.

steve d.