On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 22:58:59 -0600, Gopalakrishnan Subramani wrote:
I want to learn the Language parsing in Lua. The idea is to parse a
language called DDL (Device Description Language) and generate the Lua
code out of it.

Where I can start with if I dont know how the languages and semantics
works? Are any Lua library supports easy language parsing?

The .NET version ( [1]) is huge and it is
difficult to understand. I believe, Lua could support simple parsing
and AST building and code generation easily.

You should probably take a look at LPeg:

Pierre 'catwell' Chapuis