Peter Harris <lua@peter.is-a-geek.org> wrote:

> Because POSIX allows usleep to return EINVAL if the argument is >=
> 1e6, and some OSs are silly enough to actually enforce this limit (eg.
> HP-UX).

Yow. I note that usleep() has been removed from POSIX 2008
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/idx/iu.html
and that POSIX 2004 recommends nanosleep() instead.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
East Sole, Lundy, Fastnet: Southwesterly, veering northeasterly 4 or 5,