On Monday, August 15, 2011 05:16:32 PM Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
> > As mentioned in a private message, I didn't find the .epub
> > version of PiL very useful.  The prose is harder to distinguish
> > from the code, at least when used with FBReader.  It would be
> > nice if this is fixed for the next version.  If help is needed,
> > maybe send out a sample page with some code, and we can try to
> > convert it using various tools to see what looks best with
> > various ereaders.
>
> One problem is that the code is not indented in relation to the
> text, as it is in the book. I am not sure whether this is the only
> problem.
>
> -- Roberto

Yeah, ePub was never meant to reproduce highly formatted stuff like
source code. Also, unless one writes code on his Kindle or iPad, why
have the book on a Kindle or iPad? You want your eBook where you can
copy and paste code into your editor, and if you're anything like me,
that would be on a desktop or notebook computer, and on those, PDF is
just fine.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: The Key to Everyday Excellence