Thanks for the huge list of suggestions. I'm still adding to the
syntax so this kind of input is helpful.

> * You could adopt the YAML syntax for arrays:
I definitely want to do this. I think CoffeeScript already supports
this syntax, so I'd like to follow there.

> * For function calls, allow new lines+indentation as a substitute for
> comas, and an initial new line.
This is a an interesting idea. It would work great for creating a DSL
with your own constructs.

> > * In tables, make the square brackets optional for string literals (I
> > think it is unambiguous).
> I meant in table keys.
I don't see any problems with this.

> * you can use "if expression then end" rather than assignment to _ to
> turn expressions into valid statements. I think it is cheaper (but I
> didn't test it, and I may be wrong)

Interesting, I haven't thought of this. I'll have to test it.

Thanks