On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> There is a widespread misconception that Lua is licensed under the
>> MIT/X11 license.
>
> It is, according to the Open Source Initiative, which is our main reference:
>
>        http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.html

I disagree. That link takes you to what OSI refers to as the "MIT"
license, not the MIT/*X11* license.

>> Alternatively, you might refer to it as the "MIT/Expat License." But
>> "MIT/X11" does not match the current Lua license and "MIT License" is
>> ambiguous, encompassing at least two variants.
>
> We never said it was "MIT/X11".

I apologize for my lack of specificity that caused a miscommunication.
Mea culpa. My points were not intended as a criticism of what your
group has done. Rather, I had in mind the many Lua libraries, modules,
and snippets licensed under the "MIT/X11 license" apparently under the
mistaken belief that the Lua license is identical to the MIT/X11
license.

Best regards,

Paul