On Wednesday 10, Josh Simmons wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Robert G. Jakabosky
>
> <bobby@sharedrealm.com> wrote:
> > Why do you need to create tarballs for luarocks?
>
> Because you can't specify a git tag or branch when using the luarocks scm
> stuff.

Yes you can.  I use git tags for my luarocks releases.  Looks like the
luarocks rockspec format documentation is missing info about the
"source.branch" setting.

Example:
source = {
  url = "git://github.com/Neopallium/lua-zmq.git",
  branch = "v1.1",
}

The tarball links are only for non-luarocks packaging/install (i.e. for Linux
distro packaging).

--
Robert G. Jakabosky