On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 14:26:39 +0100
startx <startx@plentyfact.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 14:35:39 +0200
> Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 05:50:38 -0600, HyperHacker wrote:
> >
> > > I have thought about the idea of a Lua-based OS, and it could
> > > certainly be interesting...
> >
> > I too think such a project would be interesting. It has already
> > been tried at least once:
> > http://outofhanwell.wordpress.com/2008/08/16/khoros-a-lua-operating-system/
> > Sadly the source code is no longer accessible.
> >

> i should have a copy of the source. ill check later and if its really
> not accessible anymore i put it up somewhere next days.
>
> startx

hello.

yes it appears the khoros repository has disappeared. i uploaded a
snapshot of the repo here:

http://projects.plentyfact.org/projects/list_files/thisandthat

direct download link is

http://projects.plentyfact.org/attachments/download/79/khoros-lua-os.tar.gz

note: i was not involved in developing khoros, i only tested it for a
while and played around with it ;)

its under BSD license.

startx